A Quick Introduction to a Very Important Nutrient
9 out of 10 Americans don’t eat enough Omega-3.
Not enough Omega-3 may cause several serious deficiency symptoms and reduce the efficiency with which your body runs.
There are a few Omega-3 fats. The two important ones are EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). They are found in seafood and needed and used by every cell in your brain, eyes, blood vessels and joints.
- 60% of your brain is Omega-3
- More than 75% of your retina is Omega-3
Nutrition Gap Between Typical American Diet and Recommended Intake of Omega-3
According to the American Heart Association, fish is the best source of Omega 3 fats because it has the most EPA and DHA. Some nuts and seeds also contain Omega-3 but nuts and seeds do not contain EPA and DHA.
Your body also needs Omega-6, another good fat, but it needs Omega-3 and Omega-6 in equal parts. But industrial mass-production of foods has removed most of the Omega-3 from our food supply. So now, most of us eat 25 times more Omega-6 than Omega-3, resulting in a severe Omega-3 deficiency.
- Most Americans only get about 10% of the Omega-3 needed by the body
- Deficiency symptoms are vague and are often not diagnosed. This is because other deficiencies and illnesses have similar symptoms.
Symptoms of severe Omega-3 deficiency include:
- Dry skin
- Small bumps on back of upper arms
- Brittle nails and hair
- Joint discomfort
- Dry eyes
In its official recommendation, the American Heart Association advises that it may not be possible to get enough Omega-3 from diet alone, so people are encouraged to talk to their doctors about taking fish oil supplements.
Our foods no longer have adequate levels of Omega-3. The chart below shows what we get from our diet and what is needed (the nutrition gap). OmegaVia was formulated to provide you the exact amount of Omega-3 recommended by the American Heart Association.
Taking OmegaVia is the easiest and fastest way to:
- Protect your heart
- Comfort your joints
- Nourish your brain
- Lift your mood
- Soften your skin.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.