Omega-3 and Heart Health
It was 1970.
Jorn Dyerberg, Hans Olaf Bang and Aase Brondum Nielsen arrived in Greenland knowing that very few Greenlanders had poor heart health.
It didn’t make sense.
After all, Greenland Inuits ate a poor diet with insufficient fruits and vegetables. And they ate a lot of fat.
When they tested the blood samples of 130 Inuit, everything was normal. Except for one thing. They found very high levels of “polyunsaturated fatty acids, EPA and DHA.” EPA and DHA are Omega-3 found in fish.
They concluded that the healthy hearts could be from the Omega-3 fats that the Inuit ate in abundance.*
The science of Omega-3 was born.
Today, Dr. Jorn Dyerberg is considered the “father” of Omega-3.
“I have done some computing,” said Dr. Dyerberg in a recent interview with the online nutrition blog, Nutra Ingredients, “and since we published the first paper in 1971 there are now some 14,000 published papers on Omega-3, including close to 8,000 human studies.”
“The most pressing issue for the 21st Century is nutrition problems linked to diet. In that aspect, omega-3 will play a major role,” said Dr. Dyerberg.
14,000 studies and Counting
A majority of the 14,000 published papers have focused on heart health.
Research shows that Omega-3s:
- Help support healthy heart rhythm*
- Manage healthy triglyceride levels*
- Help support healthy blood vessels*
- Manage healthy blood pressure (slightly)*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Omega-3 helps everyone’s hearts – the healthy or not. Almost every nutrition and scientific organization recommends that you eat fatty fish or take Omega-3 supplements to support heart health.
The American Heart Association recommends 1000 mg of Omega-3 per day. OmegaVia provides – 1105 mg of Omega-3 in just one softgel.
* When used as part of a healthy diet that is high in vegetables, seafood, and fiber along with an exercise program. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. OmegaVia and its logo are registered trademarks of Innovix Pharma Inc.