Comfort Your Joints with Omega-3
We hear this all the time:
“My doctor told me to start taking fish oil. I thought it was for my heart. Not only did my heart condition improve but my joints have never felt better. So I’ll continue taking it.”
- Help soothe joint tenderness*
- Help reduces enzymes that harm cartilage*
- Help increases grip strength*
- Enhances walking pace*
Omega-3 reduces the amount of Arachidonic Acid available for Eicosanoids – Prostaglandins and Leukotrienes and cytokines Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha, Interleukin-1 and Interleukin-6. This means less joint irritating compounds.
Eating more Omega-6 than Omega-3 causes reverses that effect.
Omega-6 fats are found in corn, sunflower, canola, soybean and cottonseed oil and are found in many snacks, processed foods, fried foods and margarine.
The grocery store snack aisle is full of Omega-6.
Yes, Omega-6 are essential, but too much of a good thing leads to joint discomfort.
Fortunately, Omega-3 from fish oil is a natural soothing agent that reduces joint irritating compounds. Especially, the EPA Omega-3.
10,000 Times Stronger
Scientists have shown that Omega-3 helps support joint comfort. But they are just beginning to understand how this happens.
Dr. Charles Serhan of Harvard Medical School reports that the body converts Omega-3 into joint-protective compounds 10,000 times stronger than the original Omega-3. These newly discovered compounds are called Resolvins. Resolvins work by naturally slowing or stopping the production and transport of pain-causing chemicals to your joints.
Minor Diet Changes Make a BIG Difference
Taking fish oil supplements is not the only answer. You will need a diet makeover:
- Less sugars, less starches and less wheat (yes, less of even “healthy” whole grain wheat!)
- Completely cut out vegetable oils made from corn, soy, sunflower and safflower. Use olive or coconut oils instead.
And importantly, talk to your doctor about any discomfort in your joints.
What About Glucosamine and Chondroitin?
Glucosamine and Chondroitin are popular arthritis and joint care supplements. They both have been clinically proven to help rebuild worn out joint tissue. But they don’t reduce pain quickly because they don’t reduce inflammation. Rebuilding cartilage is very important, so for best effect, take Glucosamine and Chondroitin with Omega-3.
* When used as part of a healthy diet and exercise program. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. OmegaVia and its logo are registered trademarks of Innovix Pharma Inc.