If you’re expecting yet another ‘Don’t eat butter and lard’ article, you’re in for a surprise. There are two families of essential fats: Omega-3 and Omega-6. Both types of fats are critical for survival. If you don’t get enough, you can die. These two fats cannot be generated in your body – it must be
Fish Oil Benefits come from the Omega-3 fats naturally found in fish oil. Benefits are not limited to your heart health. Scientifically Studied Fish Oil Benefits* Fish Oil & Your Joints: Comfort Your Joints Fish Oil & Heart: Protect Your Heart Fish Oil & Brain: Feed Your Brain Fish Oil & Your Mood: Support Your
I wouldn’t! Fermented seal flippers. Enough said. Inuits’ ice-covered homelands don’t offer a fun, varied diet. Traditionally, they had a subsistence way of life. Whatever they caught on their hunts was eaten. They typically eat seal, walrus, fish and an occasional whale or reindeer. They use seal oil for dipping sauce. They eat something called
Welcome to OmegaVia Blog! The goal of this blog is to share relevant dietary info, new and important scientific findings about Omega-3, and occasional irreverence. We, at OmegaVia, are a bunch of health nuts. It seems someone here is always running a marathon or hiking. We are also constantly reading about health and nutrition. So
- What The Age-Related Eye Disease Studies Mean To You. NIH Website. Viewed 7/8/19 at https://nei.nih.gov/areds2/PatientFAQ
- Birch EE et al. Visual acuity and cognitive outcomes at 4 years of age in a double-blind, randomized trial of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid-supplemented infant formula. Early Hum Dev. 2007 May;83(5):279-84. Epub 2007 Jan 18.
- Daniells, S. Omega-3 DHA may boost eyesight but fails to affect mental function. NutraIngredients March 15, 2012. Viewed 7/8/19 at https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2012/03/15/Omega-3-DHA-may-boost-eyesight-but-fails-to-affect-mental-function-Study
- Rasmussen HM et al. Nutrients for the aging eye. Clin Interv Aging. 2013;8:741–748. doi:10.2147/CIA.S45399
- Giannaccare G et al. Efficacy of Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation for Treatment of Dry Eye Disease: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. Cornea. 2019 May;38(5):565-573. doi: 10.1097/ICO.0000000000001884.
- Torborg L. Mayo Clinic Q & A; Fish Oil Supplements And Dry Eyes. Mayo Clinic website. November 7, 2017. Viewed 7/8/19 at https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-q-and-a-fish-oil-supplements-and-dry-eyes/